Shepshed BWA Supporters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Win against AFC Wulfrunians - Much better performance

2 posters

Go down

Win against AFC Wulfrunians - Much better performance Empty Win against AFC Wulfrunians - Much better performance

Post  Yoda Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:54 am

A view from the terraces.

This was literally a tale of 2 halves. The first half was lacklustre and tedious. The few chances that were created and gold plated were squandered by the inability to accept the fact that there was plenty of space behind their back four. We also seemed to want to create trouble for ourselves by our goalkeeper needlessly passing the ball short to a defender. AFCW's forwards were onto this ploy quickly but we continued to play into their hands. Someone should have taken responsibility for this poor game plan and issued the instruction to stop this suicidal strategy. I do not believe that continually pumping the ball up the pitch into the stratosphere is acceptable but sometimes in order to relieve the pressure it is a good tactic.

The formation appears to have changed since I last saw Shepshed at home against Boldmere. Did I detect that we were playing a back 3 with the other 2 traditional "full backs" taking almost a wing back position? Interestingly enough it worked as it released Jay Smedley and Lee Attenborough to do the jobs they ware presumably brought into the team to do. Defend !! By playing Chris Gray wide it gave Jay and Lee the space they needed to control the middle ground which was essential when AFCW tried to catch us on the break with a high long ball. What were our midfield doing in the first half? They were toothless and unable to hold onto the ball. Our forwards never stood a chance as the supply was always a poor quality pass inevitably a hopeful flick on. Play appeared to be continually down the right wing and was effective to a point except for the fact that the 18 yard box battle was a stalemate. Nice to see that Rob Mulonga was causing AFCW's overdeveloped giant of a centre half problems. I have never seen such a difference in height and Rob should be complimented for his resilience.

So what happened in the dressing room at half time? Does the ceiling need repainting? A different team came out. A midfield that battled hard and took control. The type of midfield that will win this division. Never letting AFCW settle on the ball and for once not stepping back waiting to see what AFCW were going to do. They bullied AFCW
causing them to lose their discipline and exposed their frailties. Steve Chaplin ran his socks off up front but I would like to see Luke Edwards joining in more often. He could have used his stature to a greater effect but perhaps this is just not his game. Our defence was solid and in particular Ryan Thacker made some exceptional saves.

I know that this is early on in the season and there is still a lot of work in progress but I saw a glimpse of something special germinating in this team.

Yoda
Yoda

Back to top Go down

Win against AFC Wulfrunians - Much better performance Empty Re: Win against AFC Wulfrunians - Much better performance

Post  Gibbo Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:52 am

Welcome to the SDFCBWA Yoda but show a little etiquettue the Chairman has first view on match reports Win against AFC Wulfrunians - Much better performance 2811524024 only joking new views and everyones are welcome but give me a chance to drink my beer in future:LOL2: 
Gibbo
Gibbo
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down