Shepshed BWA Supporters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 15 of the 'FA 34'

3 posters

Go down

Game 15 of the 'FA 34' Empty Game 15 of the 'FA 34'

Post  Tony1Leg Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:37 pm

Hello Shepshed!

Me and my good pal Johnny the Rhino, are from Manchester & are attempting to do the ‘FA 34’ this season which means attending one game from each round of all 3 FA knockout competitions:- all 10 FA Vase, 10 FA Trophy & 14 FA Cup including all 3 finals at Wembley. Game No. 15 of 34 for us will be your home game v Rocester on Saturday, our 4th game in the Vase this season.

Last year we successfully followed the path of the FA Cup and made lots of friends from lots of different clubs along the way. We started with Chadderton FC in the extra preliminary round staying with them until they got knocked out then follow whoever knocked them out and so on.. all the way to Wembley where i was on stage with Sir Trevor Brooking handing out awards before taking our seats courtesy of Budweiser to watch Chelsea beat Liverpool 2-1 in the final. Attempting the 34 this season gives us a chance to see more clubs & visit different grounds.

I write a fairly successful blog about our adventures and although it’s from a ‘neutrals’ point of view, we always tend to side with the home team on match day and try to get somewhere near the half way line if we can. I don’t write the blog for any sort of financial gain it’s purely for the love of the game & just an expensive hobby lol so if you see a couple of middle age, fat blokes with ‘shameless-style’ accents & ‘1 Leg On The Cup’ wrote on their coats on Saturday come & say hello! We’re really hard to miss!

I usually tweet the progress of our day out from Gunchester from @1LegOnTheCup on match day if you want to follow our trip & i always follow football fans back.

Cheers..... Tony 1 Leg. ( for the blog search 1 Leg On The Cup . com )

Tony1Leg

Back to top Go down

Game 15 of the 'FA 34' Empty Re: Game 15 of the 'FA 34'

Post  Nick Blackburn Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi Tony, look forward to meeting you tomorrow, happy hour in the Clubhouse from 1 till 2, £2 a pint. I'm sure you'll have a great day with us on your first venture up the Butthole! :D
Nick Blackburn
Nick Blackburn
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Blackburn Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:36 pm

I finally managed a yellow smiley face thing :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Nick Blackburn
Nick Blackburn
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazman16 Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:55 am

Hi tony if u fancy a sing song ure more then welcome to come and join the bwa in the stand on the far side. We look forward to meeting u both. Hope u both enjoy the game

Well done Nick on ure achievement 👅 👅 lol! lol!
Gazman16
Gazman16
League 1
League 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony1Leg Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:25 am

cheers guys :D

here's the plan, well if all goes well lol
Train arrives at Loughborough at 12.41 we then catch a No. 4 bus outside the station that gets us to The Crown / Bull Ring at 1.15 and walk to the ground from there. <- does this sound right???

getting home depends on the game, Vase games have extra time added if it's a draw at the end of normal time and looking at the bus services the last one (the No.4) is 5.25 from the Crown? is there any other way of getting back to the station or is a taxi the only option? our return trains are 6.04 or 6.45 or 7.04.

still, Love the idea of 'happy hour' & bash a song or 2 out :D

Looking forward to it, Bring on the Pies!

Cheers...... Tony.

Tony1Leg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down