Shepshed BWA Supporters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday's visit to Gornal Athletic

3 posters

Go down

Saturday's visit to Gornal Athletic Empty Saturday's visit to Gornal Athletic

Post  Spotter Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:07 pm

The BWA Visited Gornal Athletic F.C this week.

For the first Saturday away trip of the season the BWA gathered up the butthole in fancy dress, we had to name but a few, half of the Blues Brothers, an Umper Lumper, a Smurf, Cinderella, Karate Kid, and a scary clown who was arguably scarier with his mask up rather than down.

The BWA arrived after the trip of around 1hr 30 minutes and once again were there to out number the home support with the biggest attendance in the MFA for the third game running. Upon arrival and entrance to the sleepy bar area the bar men were heard saying “Bloody hell how many people have you got with you”, I think this translated from YAM meant “Fuck me I’m here on my own and all we have to eat is a couple of cheese and onion cobs”. This aside we were again made feel very welcome and at £3 per pint the ale started to flow.

The entrance fee into the ground was the standard £5 for adults and £2 for concessions and full price for the Bus Driver (which was a little out of order). First impressions of the ground itself were obviously not as good as the Loughborough match we played last Tuesday (oh ok they were pretty shit really) there was a large area of open terracing along the club house side in which the players must have felt like Roman Gladiators walking down onto the pitch (which could of done with a trim but in the whole wasn’t a bad surface).

The BWA took up the position behind the home goal keeper in the first half where the facilities were very basic but with an open gate onto the park behind toilet facilities were in easy reach. On the far side of the ground was a very old seated area with a low roof. During the second half the BWA decided that it wasn’t safe to bang out the drum noises using the stand in case of it actually falling down.

Catering services were provided during the second half however when Chappo the Clown came around into the stand and handed out slices of Tuna pizza which he had delivered to the ground at Half time. (I think this gave me the shits on Sunday however). Overall though we made it another good day and even Mr Thacker managed to get a little tipsy (never drink pint for pint with the Cave man) he will learn the hard way I think.

• Entrance Fee: £5 and £2 (League standard I think this year) Apart from QU**N who will obviously rip us off again.
• Bar Area: A little dated with no food only take away pizza delivery menus and the directions to the chip shop from the locals.
• Ground: Looks like it hasn’t had any maintenance for a while.
• Pitch: Could have done with a mow but flat enough and our boys obviously liked it.
• Car Parking: Ample car parking, Bus parking on the street
• Locals: Friendly Bunch with 2 or 3 that sang the odd “come on Gornal” verse.

Spotter
Spotter

Back to top Go down

Saturday's visit to Gornal Athletic Empty Re: Saturday's visit to Gornal Athletic

Post  Phleeper Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:18 pm

I think we can safely say given the tone and language of that report you're not as I thought Mick Voce. lol! However I must apologise to Pete Bull who I  kept calling Mick. To be fair it's only the second game I've been since we were relegated and I had had a few Saturday's visit to Gornal Athletic 2007133172 and as I've already stated on Twitter, probably the best Shepshed performance I've ever seen Saturday's visit to Gornal Athletic 3887401341 See you all on Saturday where I try to gain personal catharsis for the last FA Cup game I attended. Saturday's visit to Gornal Athletic 2617505192 at Wembley on May 11th Saturday's visit to Gornal Athletic 2510469987 Also can we get "Doris" to dress like that every week? Not that I'm superstitious, I just enjoyed it.Saturday's visit to Gornal Athletic 1526304025
Phleeper
Phleeper
Championship
Championship

Back to top Go down

Saturday's visit to Gornal Athletic Empty Re: Saturday's visit to Gornal Athletic

Post  Gibbo Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:34 am

What beer were you drinking spotter mine was only £2 a pint and went down:beer1: Saturday's visit to Gornal Athletic 2007133172 Saturday's visit to Gornal Athletic 1540106151 
Gibbo
Gibbo
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down