Shepshed BWA Supporters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On Behalf of Myself also the Supporters Club

Go down

On Behalf of Myself also the Supporters Club Empty On Behalf of Myself also the Supporters Club

Post  Gibbo Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:29 am

This post is in connection to the press statement on the Official website today "After the meeting of the Board of Directors Monday evening Peter Bull retired as a Drector and Chairman of Shepshed Dynamo F.C"

As researched for the forum and Gazman on Friday Pete became a part of SDFC from the takeover from the closure of Shepshed Albion 91 FC and amongst his accolades include moving the club from the newly formed Midland Football Alliance into the Dr Martens, Unibond and Evos Stik Division 1 Leagues until as recently as this season. (Many people may disagree with our constant financial battle but his reign at the helm has assured stability at The Dovecote Stadium and influenced alot of people to commit there own personal time, money and commitment to move Shepshed forward if we look at the current climate and look at the current situation with alot of non league and some Football League clubs the future of Shepshed Dynamo is alot brighter than others) with also a run into the 1st round of The FA Cup culminating in this period.

Along the years and as many people know from experiences in life conflicts of opnion and disagreements occur at whatever level of football anyone may visit and I know me and Pete have disagreed on certain things in the last few years but have found a common ground to agree or differ and on occasion move things in different directions. I am certain those who have worked and continue to work closely with Pete have learnt and will continue to gain experience from his expansive knowledge of Non league Football.

Not only will Shepshed Dynamo have to fill a gap with a man of vast experience but the appraise and mentions of commendation from the leagues he has influenced in his position's of responsibility in Football will also miss his presence at League board meetings.

I have known Pete then for many a year longer than I thought (19years) and have personal memories of games we have travelled together but time never stands still on a personal note I hope he regards myself as a friend as he has always been a Gentleman to approach, a good listener of opinions whether positive or negative and although sometimes obligatory to league standards whatever the situation I feel it was something we can all reflect back on and understand here he was coming from and as his own programme notes from Saturday I hope he does frequent the Dovecote and away games as often as possible he might even by a round :lol:

I hope he enjoys his retirement, spend more time in his own garden, with his family and on reflection I know the loss of one of his close friends Dave was heartbreaking for him.

So on behalf of Sir Peter Bull personally from myself and also from all Shepshed Dynamo Supporters Commitee and members thanks for the tireless work you have put in and hope to see you at as many games you can make. On a serious note though make sure you are there in the Summer as part of the working party (JOKE) No serious Pete Happy retirement and you can take the price tag out of your retirement award from the presentation night now as I don't intend making another speech but I'msure you've drank the Whiskey already.

As Part of the next Supporters Club Programme I will try include some of the above notes and if any other of the supporters wish to include comments please add below ans I will speak to Terry who runs the programme.

On that note we welcome the interim Chairman until the Directors and Shareholders AGM due to be held in Early March current Director and Main Sponsor Mick Sloan. This now is the beginning of a new era as Mick has made in his Press Statement on the Official website and a time where we as supporters can make a difference as well as we all want to move onwards and upwards. I feel we have moved closer together as a club and as individuals with different strengths in specific areas together we work together to consolidate the same goal we are looking for.

See You all Saturday

Kev Gibson
Shepshed Dynamo
Supporters Club Chairman

Last edited by Gibbo on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes)
Gibbo
Gibbo
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down