Shepshed BWA Supporters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DW Trophy Sunday 27th May

3 posters

Go down

DW Trophy Sunday 27th May Empty DW Trophy Sunday 27th May

Post  Gibbo Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:20 am

First of all I'd like to apologise to Craig Wheatley as I was meant to post this earlier.

Sunday 27th May K-O 3pm sees the Inaugural DW Trophy hosted At The Dovecote Stadium between an All Star XI and a Dynamo XI with proceeds raised being donated to the British Heart Foundation and East Midlands Air Ambulance.

Full details of the game can be found on the DW Charity Fund website www.dwtrophy.org.uk

To show the immense influence to what Dave meant to Shepshed Dynamo and the Non league football scene to highlight the event and the live music event which I will post details later in this post. I hope Craig doesn't mind me putting my own personal view and what I would hope would be the views of the BWA.

The loss of Dave was a great loss and a shock to not only Shepshed Dynamo but a lot of the Non league football community. Dave wasn't just a Director of Shepshed Dynamo he thrived on the environment around the club as well. Although a Director he was a friend to anyone whatever level of the Club anyone showed interested in but not just to Shepshed any club who had issues connectdto football knew they could pick up the phone and he would oblige.

Dave was regarded as a friend to all members of the BWA and I personally was honored to know Dave. Dave was one of the members of the board and commitee who persuaded me to start the SDFC Supporters Club, I will remember the Fun Day we spent playing Darts in The Clubhouse and the one true comment I remember him saying to me was "Never change the way you report on games because you tell the truth regardless".

Back to the most important thing raising money in aid of two worthy charities already confirmed in the All Star XI former Leicester City players,
Matt Elliott, Ian Marshall, Ali Mauchlen, Phil Gilchrist, Jon Stevenson and Martin Fox. Hinckley Utd manager Dean Thomas along with Brian Quailley and Chris Hill and former Players of Dave's previous clubs Dave Ison, Carl Pettitt, Dean Smith and Shaun Hession.

Further details of the All star squad are to be announced but also hoping to be in attendance are Gary Mccallister, Gary Mills, Mike Whitlow, Carl Muggleton, Julian Joachim and Trevor Benjamin. Also the possibility of his 1st return to the Dovecote after the only club who tendered his management contract Sunderland manager Martin O'Neill which Craig his pursuing every avenue to make this happen.

The Dynamo XI is being managed by former managers Lee Wilson and most recently John Ramshaw a host of formers players who donned the Black and White are expected to be in attendance already confirmed are former Goalkeeper now playing for Gresley Gaz Hateley Coalville Town manager Adam Stevens, they will be joined by players from Evo Stik Northern Premier Div 1 South Champions Grantham Town and although not confirmed 2 other former players Chris Gray and Ade Adelukan have shown their support on the DW Trophy facebook site any other former players who have yet to show their support and view this site should Contact Lee Wilson or John Ramshaw.

Tickets for the game are £3 can be pre booked through the official website www.dwtrophy.org.uk or cheques made payable to DW Trophy Charity Fund c/o Shepshed Dynamo F.C clearly marked DW Trophy

The climax of this years fund raising will culminate in another avid interest of Dave's live music which will take place at Ibstock WMC on Sunday 26th August from 7pm with guest appearances already confirmed local bands Mojo Hand (R&B Band) and Propshaft (band) together with Bluewave disco. There will also be a charity auction following from Notts Forest, Burton Albion, Watford, MK Dons and Leicester City tickets for this event are 5 and again pre booked tickets can be purchased from the above.

I am sure a majority of people who knew Dave will be attendance and if anyone can help with both events or provide assistance it would be more than welcome.

Gibbo
Gibbo
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

DW Trophy Sunday 27th May Empty A few extra notes of info

Post  Gibbo Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:39 am

The above statement is a resume of Craig's full press statement to read the full press statement it can be obtained on the Charity website and has also been featured in this weeks Shepshed Echo the monthly Shepshed Eye which should have been delivered in the Town yesterday and the Leicester Mercury the Main sponsor is also Touchline sports.
Gibbo
Gibbo
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

DW Trophy Sunday 27th May Empty Re: DW Trophy Sunday 27th May

Post  Gibbo Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:33 am

Craig has reminded me today admission to the game Sunday 27th May can be paid on the gate on the day.
Gibbo
Gibbo
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

DW Trophy Sunday 27th May Empty LATEST NEWS

Post  Weetoze Tue May 22, 2012 6:46 am

SPONSOR CONFIRMED ahead of Sundays DW Trophy game at the Dovecote: A deal with food chain SUBWAY was completed over the weekend in a sponsorship deal to provide the official DW Trophy ALL STAR XI squad kit for the foreseeable future. DW Trophy Charity Fund Chairman, Craig Wheatley said “we are delighted to have agreed a deal with Subway as shirt sponsors and kit suppliers for the ALL Star XI and look forward to a continued relationship with the food chain and also as suppliers of the events official food outlet over the next few years”

The All Stars squad is now confirmed and will include a host of ex-professional and semi-professional footballers as well as stars from other sports and the odd media personality thrown in! The squad will include former Leicester City captains Matt Elliott and Ali Mauchlen as well as ex-foxes Ian Marshall, Phil Gilchrist, Sam McMahon and Martin Fox. Also dusting off the boots will be former Luto...n Town skipper Marvin Johnson, ex-Fulham striker Tony Thorpe, ex-Wimbledon full back Dean Thomas and former West Brom centre forward Carl Heggs...to name but a few. The squad will also include former Tigers scrum-half Darren Grewcock and Leicester Riders record breaking Head Coach Rob Paternostro!

Proceeds to British Heart Foundation and East Midlands Ambulance Service.

Admission £3.00

Sunday 27th MAY, 3.00pm kickoff.

More details of both squads go to www.dwtrophy.org.uk ‘teams’

Weetoze
Scottish Premier
Scottish Premier

Back to top Go down

DW Trophy Sunday 27th May Empty Re: DW Trophy Sunday 27th May

Post  Big Steve Mon May 28, 2012 5:58 am

Well done Craig your dad would of been so proud of you today :D :D
Big Steve
Big Steve