Shepshed BWA Supporters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sheffield F.C 7 Shepshed Dynamo 1

3 posters

Go down

Sheffield F.C 7 Shepshed Dynamo 1 Empty Sheffield F.C 7 Shepshed Dynamo 1

Post  Gibbo Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:40 pm

Result from the BT Arena last night Sheffield 7 Shepshed Dynamo 1 att 186

What a strange evening after last Tuesday's defeat against Ellistown I went to the pub to drown sorrows but this week although we went down 7-1 I have never been to a game where in the 1st half I thought we were the better side up to the 3rd goal and then Sheffield came out of the traps 2nd half and could have extended the 7 goals they ended with. But to walk away from a ground where both the home supporters and players applauded the travelling BWA fans has to be a proud moment :cheers: and even after tonight's results are existence in this league now looks forlorn every Shepshed fan should be proud to say they were at Sheffield Tuesday March 20th for the respect as a club staring relegation in the face and be commended by not just our own players but a majority connected with the opposition. Onto match footage before I start crying :lol:

Sheffield start strong and after 2mins Roney Fires wide
On the 3rd min Shepshed fail to clear and Martin is rounded from the resulting failure to clear defensive lines Gascoigne opens the scoring
Sheffield 1 Shepshed 0
7mins Mulonga opens Sheffield on the left hand side but unfortunately slips from resulting Maddison's effort deflects into Mimms hands
15mins Pembleton wide
19mins Chaplin effort deflected
23mins Davies Corner Ward flicks goalwards which goes across goal face
26mins Pembleton wide
31mins Mulonga effort blocked
34mins Martin save from Roney
35mins Ball laid off to Roney on the edge of the box who fires into the right hand corner
Sheffield 2 Shepshed Dynamo 0
39mins Roney shot wide
40mins Further Sheffield effort wide
42mins Davies threatens with cross field ball
43mins Martin saves initial shot Roney slots away rebound
Sheffield 3 Shepshed 0
44mins Wilson effort wide
45mins Davies free kick Hore heads home at the far post
Sheffield 3 Shepshed 1(HT)

47mins Mulonga crosses towards goal
48mins Left hand cross Bradley free header passed Martin
Sheffield 4 Shepshed 1
49mins Maddison shot straight into Timms hands
52mins Krasniqi wide
53mins Gascoigne rounds Martin
Sheffield 5 Shepshed 1
61mins Martin save
64mins Bradley header wide
65mins Davies effort high and wide
66mins Martin denies Modest
67mins Martin save Shepshed on the counter Davies shot
70mins Bradley wide
75mins Left to right shot from Roney passed Martin
Sheffield 6 Shepshed 1
78mins Pembleton wide
79mins Martin save
80mins Ward effort blocked
80mins Gascoigne through
Sheffield 7 Shepshed 1
82mins Tinman over the top
85mins Modest intercepted by Martin
87-89 Quadruple chances for Sheffield
I-T Pembleton effort deflected
I-T Gascoigne effort saved by Martin
F-T Sheffield 7 Shepshed 1

Team Martin, Baofo, Wilson, Maddison, Hore, Ward, Davies, Pembleton, Chaplin, Krasniqi, Mulonga Subs used O'Connor, Jenkins, Sturgess

On reflection of the game we played some neat football in the first half we were our own worst enemy for allowing Sheffield to take the lead so early but up until after their 2nd goal we were on a level par with them but the 2nd half their class showed and although we still kept pushing forward the clinical finishing of the hosts certainly showed in the end.
Gibbo
Gibbo
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Sheffield F.C 7 Shepshed Dynamo 1 Empty Re: Sheffield F.C 7 Shepshed Dynamo 1

Post  Big Steve Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:52 pm

I would like to be able to say that the scoreline flattered them last night but that would be a lie.
Yes to be fair we played some nice football for periods of the first half and if it wasn't for a mistake at the back we could of actually been in front with chances created by the 40th minute.
Conceeding two more goals soon put paid to any chance of getting back into the game and even our consolation goal at the end of the first half didn't fill us with to much hope.

The second half was just all one way traffic and some of Sheffield's football was too much for us to compete with. James Martin in goal pulled off a number of top class saves to keep the score down but we were totally out played in every department in the second half.

That is apart from the support of the BWA who I thought hit a new level last night. 10 of us only but we came up with song after to song in an attempt to get the boys going. This even warranted the entire main stand of home supporters to stop at the final whistle and stand and show their appreciation by clapping every one of us for our efforts. The whole Sheffield squad including physio ( ❤ ) also came over and stood and clapped us.

We may look as though we are going down but we will not go down without a fight, all we ask is that the players show as much passion whilst on the pitch as we do off of it and lets enjoy the rest of the season.
Big Steve
Big Steve
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Steve Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:47 am

From the Sheffield fc twitter page..
@SheffieldFC_com: Final word to praise the @ShepshedDynamo fans. Vocal and good spirited to the end, great humour and a credit to their club and our league.
Big Steve
Big Steve
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Blackburn Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:07 am

Very complimentary comments on their website forum(s) too. Gutted that I missed it, but makes me proud to be associated with the lot of you. Best fans by miles, well done all of you! Roll on Saturday and the rest of the season - we may be going down but let's enjoy ourselves even more.
Nick Blackburn
Nick Blackburn
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down