Shepshed BWA Supporters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heather St Johns 5 Shepshed Dynamo 6 AET

4 posters

Go down

Heather St Johns 5 Shepshed Dynamo 6 AET Empty Heather St Johns 5 Shepshed Dynamo 6 AET

Post  Gibbo Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:17 am

Shepshed Dynamo progress to the Semi Finals of the Westerby Challenge Cup with a 6-5 victory away at Heather St Johns and meet the winners of Loughorough Dynamo and Hinckley United at Holmes Park for a place at The King Power Satdium in the Final full match report to follow
Gibbo
Gibbo
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Heather St Johns 5 Shepshed Dynamo 6 AET Empty Re: Heather St Johns 5 Shepshed Dynamo 6 AET

Post  Big Steve Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:09 pm

Have we ever played a mardier and foul mouth bunch before? :!: :!:
Big Steve
Big Steve
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Heather St Johns 5 Shepshed Dynamo 6 AET Empty Re: Heather St Johns 5 Shepshed Dynamo 6 AET

Post  Nick Blackburn Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:04 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed the match; good football from both sides, end to end, no quarter asked or given, 100% effort from all the players, terrible officiating for both teams. That was "real" football with passion and excitement! I agree the language was foul and abusive, especially to the Ref (and Mr.Wyles!) but to be fair you could understand some of it with the decisions that were being made.
Thought all the players were outstanding but a special mention for Rob Mulonga who was superb! Only downside was the sending off for Fitz who now faces missing at least 8 matches through suspension - from where I was standing I could see the melee but not the "action" for which he was sent off. If Fitz did do what was being said around us then I'm afraid he deserved it, there's no excuse for it, but I'd be surprised if he did do it.
Bring on the Semi's :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Nick Blackburn
Nick Blackburn
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibbo Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:40 am

Full tale of the tape from last night and thanks to the official website for filling in the gaps re names for Heather and a few of the tomes in AET as my pen decided to join the whether and freeze :lol:

9mins Tuck into Stannage
11mins Fitz over the top
15mins Low saves and Nash over the top
18mins Wood free kick saved, Tuck effort blocked
25mins Marson brought down in the box
26mins Fitzpatrick scores penalty
Heather St Johns 0 Shepshed Dynamo 1
30mins Mulonga cuts back to Martin who shoots passed an unlucky Stannage who tips it into the top of the net if it wasn't his first goal in 28 games I'd have put it down as an OG ;)
Heather St Johns 0 Shepshed Dynamo 2
35mins Heather fire into the side netting
41stmins Nash cross which looked to be going high and wide and Harris dispatches a fine volley passed Low into the right hand corneryna
Heather St Johns 1 Shepshed Dynamo 2
H-T Heather St Johns 1 Shepshed Dynamo 2
49mins Left hand cross from Lewis and Jacob White equalises
Heather St Johns 2 Shepshed Dynamo 2
53rdmins Mulonga through on goal and slots passed Stannage at the left hand side
Heather St Johns 2 Shepshed Dynamo 3
65thmins Harris cross into Low
69thmins Fitz header onto the crossbar
71stmins Harris shot Low saves
76thmins Davies through to Tuck who takes on one defender and calmly beats Stannage to what should have been game over
Heather St Johns 2 Shepshed Dynamo 4
82ndmins Marson fouls Harris Heather penalty which Nash scores
Heather St Johns 3 Shepshed Dynamo 4
85thmins Heather clean through Low gets a foot to the ball and Attenborough clears off the line
86thmins Low save from 5 and Nash over the top from the rebound
89thmins Ball slotted into Harris who calmly places the ball passed Low
Heather St Johns 4 Shepshed Dynamo 4
Injury Time Low out of his box to clear danger
F-T Heather St Johns 4 Shepshed Dynamo 4
AET
91stmins Attenborough header deflected wide and Shepshed go close from resulting corner
94thmins Low save
96thmins Davies cross over the top
101atmins Foul on Davies Shepshed penalty which Fitzpatrick scores
Heather St Johns 4 Shepshed Dynamo 5
104thmins Poor clearance from St John's keeper Stannage Wood with good awareness lobs the keeper
Heather St Johns 4 Shepshed Dynamo 6
AET 1st half I-T Corner to Heather Lo and defence beaten, still in injury time good interception from Marson

AET H-T Heather St Johns 5 Shepshed Dynamo 6
106thmins Davies over the top
109thmins Shepshed force corner which goes wide from resulting incident Fitzpatrick sent off and Stannage booked
100thmins Low out to clear
111thmins St Johns 6 wide
113thmins St Johns 12 wide
115thmins Low tips effort over the top

F-T Heather St Johns 5 Shepshed Dynamo 6 att 65

Have to agree with Nick a very competitive game and both sides tried to play football in horrendous weather conditions. The officials were appauling a) I have never seen a referee unless his watch and spare stop watch has stopped ask his assistant how long is left, b) Mulonga booked for time wasting and KD kicking the ball away yet Heathers captain style of tackling was vicious and we were lucky he didn't connect at times as we could have been looking at an abandonment c) We all realise swearing is part of the field and off the field of play these days but surely direct foul and abusive reaction is still at least cautionable.

Anyway back to the positive side well done lads last night with the restricted bench and the sending off the lads did well to keep their stamina and last the whole game lets its not taken too much out of them for the trip to Irchester on Saturday. On reflection on last nights game as mentioned the effort was unrelentless and we don't normally run a MOM for Cup games unless they are National Cup competitions (Which we normally don't bother with either as we normally go out in frustration and disappointment :lol: ) but I am suggesting we add an extra vote for the end of season award and give it to Rob Mulonga who never stopped throughout the 120 minutes please reply of you agree or if you also have any suggestion fr anyone else.

Gibbo
Gibbo
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazman16 Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Mulonga was superb my man of match by a long way.
Gazman16
Gazman16
League 1
League 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down