Shepshed BWA Supporters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players beginning to cross the I's and dot the T's

Go down

Players beginning to cross the I's and dot the T's Empty Players beginning to cross the I's and dot the T's

Post  Gibbo Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:46 am

With pre season already begun most of you will have seen the return of four players already;

Ryan Thacker GK
Steve Chaplin (I'll put down as forward the jury is out after Last Saturday Players beginning to cross the I's and dot the T's 1035970531 )
Louis Guest Centre Half
Chris Gray now as a Player and part of the Coaching staff

Welcome back all of you further details to follow as the pre season continues.
Gibbo
Gibbo
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Players beginning to cross the I's and dot the T's Empty Re: Players beginning to cross the I's and dot the T's

Post  Gibbo Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:38 am

Liam Tuck becomes the latest to add their name to the list.
Gibbo
Gibbo
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Players beginning to cross the I's and dot the T's Empty Re: Players beginning to cross the I's and dot the T's

Post  Gibbo Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:35 pm

Midfielder Connor Bennett is the latest player to rejoin the squad for the coming season.
Gibbo
Gibbo
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibbo Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:09 am

Three more names to add Martin Cross and Sean Byrne return for the forthcoming campaign and an introduction and welcome from the BWA to Niall Harrison a left winger who trained pre season last year who has just completed his scholarship in Oklahoma we hope you enjoy being part of SDFC.
Gibbo
Gibbo
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibbo Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:25 am

Today we welcome Scott Staniland an Attacking Midfielder from Borrowash Victoria enjoy your time and welcome to the SDFC Family
Gibbo
Gibbo
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Players beginning to cross the I's and dot the T's Empty An Early Look at The MFL

Post  Gibbo Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:01 am

So with pre season training already commenced and 10 days from the first friendly away at Keyworth other members of the MFL began their pre season today and have already confirmed various signings here's an early look at the teams who have updateed websites and their twitter accounts already (Sides with nothing too will not be mentioned). Hopefully with a new look MFL website which also incorporates Twitter there will be information available throughout the season.

Hoping to keep this feed up to date throughout the season, also looking at a new way of the post match summary from our games, interested in changing the poll for MOM to include better feedback from supporters at the game, a new preview which will include local spots of inerest obviously watering holes and as we enter our twentieth year a new programme and forum look at Shepshed throughout the ages at The Dovecote.

We'll start with a look at the new boys in the MFL:

All the new teams below have Pitchero websites to folllow first up Long Eaton United who we exited from The FA Cup Last Season no news from Long Eaton but a mention as new to the MFL can also be found on twitter @Longeatonunited

Brocton won the Midland Combination by 9 points and after a lengthy service as Manager John Berks stood down at the end of the season and has been replaced by David Berks and his Assitant is none other than former Shepshed Utility Player Andy Bourne no prizes for re-iterating his signature tune at The Dovecote.

Basford United have also moved laterally with Long Eaton and after spending heavily to gain promotion from the EMCL 2 seasons agi they are looking to do the same again this sseason with high calibre players with the likes of Aaron Webster, Marc Goodfellow Attacking midfielder formerly of Gresley, Ruben Wiggin - Thomas latter of Carlton Town but vast Evo Stik experience, Stuart Hendrie and former Shepshed defeneder Hay Smedley at time of writing they were 1-1 in their opening friendly against Warwick Roaders of not mistaken former Carlton Goalkeeper Barcherini was between the sticks as well. Basford can also be found on twiter @Basfordutdfc

Lye Town gained promotion form The West Midlands Regional League by 1 point but culminated the season with 101 points they can also be found on Twitter @LyeTownFC

Alvechurch have retained 9 of their sqaud from last season and added to their squad with the signing of Aaron Roberts from Earlswood Charisma Agbonlahor form Studley, Chad Duggan from Sutton Utd, Defender Jason Cullinane - Liburd from RC Warwick and Chris Rabone from Tipton. Church opened their pre season today with a 7-0 win against a Solihull Moors Res/U18's XI.

Coleshill have strengthened their squad from last season including Jonathan Jones from ourselves and joining him upfront Shane Benjamin from Highgate both on the scoresheet today in their 8-2 win against Sutton Toen they have also included midfielder Matt Gasper from Stratford, youngsters from Kidderminster youh team Simeone Caborne and Jordan Walters other neww signings Tom Weale, Dean Withers, Tom Turner and Chris Jay

Coventry Sphinx have already played two friendlies scoring 5 in both games against Nuneaton Griff (5-2) and today Brinklow (5-0)

Rocester after their reprieve have retained numerous members of last seasons squad and opened theor pre season last night with a 2-2 draw away at Audley

Tipton Town were the first o announce any intention this season with former Shepshed midfielder Nick Hawkins taking the helm they have brought in former Hinckley Utd keeper Ash Malhotra who also had spells at Hawkins former club Bedworth 22 year old forward Alex Ford has signed from Beeston AFC where he scored 51 goals in 28 appearances and prior to that onl loan at the now defunct Hucknall Town in the Evo Stick 14 in 9 also joining Ben Cheatle and Defender James Smith formerly of Worcester City and Bromsgrove Sporting who ran Bocton close to promotion in the Midland Football Combination.

Walsall Wood opened their pre season today with a 2-0 win against Willenhall Town.

Our first home firendly opponents opened their pre season today with a game against new ground sharers and their inaugural game Hinckley AFC the latter coming away 4-2 victors

Elsewhere FA Vase opponents Barrow Town travelled to Harborough Town of the UCL and came away with a 3-1 win.

As the volunteers continue their hardwork and have to be commended for their work throughout the summer the season is now upon us further updates on SDFC and the MFL to follow....

Last edited by Gibbo on Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spellin corrections)
Gibbo
Gibbo
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibbo Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:23 am

Update from the above Heath Hayes beat Bewdley Town 2-0 today
Gibbo
Gibbo
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibbo Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:56 am

Now found Brocton on twitter @BroctonFC won 6-0 in a friendly on a 3G pitch against FC Stafford today.
Gibbo
Gibbo
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibbo Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:29 am

Centre half Jimmy Brooks is the latest addition to the squad signing from East Midland Counties side Bardon Hill. The BWA welcome Jimmy to The Dovecote Stadium.
Gibbo
Gibbo
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down